http://www.beautyredefined.net/photoshop-phoniness-hall-of-shame/
Please view the above article. And remember, that the woman in the mirror is a real woman and the women in the media are not.
I can get very into what media is doing to the self image of females. I myself have struggled with it, as has almost everyone. I don't want to limit it to just women, because men are victims of it as well, but being female, I have a more personal view of it from a female perspective.
You've heard it a million times...we hold ourselves against impossible beauty standards. I hope the above article shows you that what you compare yourself to does not exist. The media fabricates their idea of beauty. But the reality is that beauty exists with no photo-shopping airbrushing, slimming down or alteration. Those traits that make you unique, that set you apart from other women--- make you beautiful.
So---no matter your skin color, weight, hair color, complexion, height or whatever you compare yourself to---you are beautiful.
Spread the beauty. Change self-image. Inspire confidence. We as women (and men too!) should be outraged that this is what we are being fed as the 'beauty standard.' No one looks like that. These fabrications cause eating disorders, self degradation, depression, self-mutilation, surgical alterations and worse.
If every woman had enough self confidence to inspire it in others, we could make the change. We could reject these images from the media...they are false representations of beauty. If mother's taught their daughters,sister's taught sister's, aunt's taught nieces, grandmothers and granddaughters, friends and other friends--- if all females taught and exuded confidence, think of all the problems that would be solved.
A healthy dose of self confidence does not make you conceited. Thinking you're beautiful does not make you a snob. If we snubbed out jealousy, envy and comparing ourselves to other women---we would be in a much better place.
I don't mean to get preachy, but women comparing themselves to other women is just like apples versus apples. They all grow on trees, they are all fruits.....they just come in different colors, sizes, shapes and flavors. No two apples are alike. And everyone can enjoy one because of the huge selection and variety.
When women come together, they accomplish great things. Empowered women do amazing things.
Be empowered. Be bold. Be confident. Be beautiful!
Bergen Says: You are beautiful!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment