I woke up to snow again this morning...and you know what? I was okay with it. We have exactly 15 days until Christmas, and it hasn't looked very Christmasy here. I do love a white Christmas. As long as it snows only enough for me to feel the love and get to work alive, I'm okay with it.
I have my Christmas music on, I'm feeling the spirit of the great holiday. When I was younger, I couldn't imagine sleeping through the night before Christmas. Last year was the first year that I slept the whole night through. Growing up kind of puts a damper on the excitement. I wish that wasn't true, but everyone over the age of 15 (and sometimes sooner!) starts feeling it. Sure, the presents are great, but that's not what it's about, and the excitement of Christmas morning is so much greater when you're young. I wonder why that is.
I now have money to buy good (read over $5.00) gifts. I can now afford to give more than just change to charities. I can see the needs of others and not just the wants. I love giving and the spirit of Christmas. But it's not the same. The excitement is just not there. I really look forward to reviving that when I have kids. There really is nothing like little kids around Christmas time. It's been a while since my family has had little kids around. But I still get that giddy, joyful feeling watching my youngest brother on Christmas morning.
But, I'll be missing that this year. It'll be my first Christmas away from home. And although it will be exciting, because it's my first married Christmas, I'm a little sad thinking about how different Christmas morning will be. If I had known last year that it was my last Christmas at home, I think I would have cherished it more. But how can you ever know??
I am feeling very nostalgic. Ah, the Christmases of past... Do you have any awesome traditions that you keep or that you miss from your childhood? I know I do.
Well, that's all I've got. I'm eating a Kit-Kat for breakfast, because it's that kind of day.
Bergen Says: Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow... (but lightly....)
No comments:
Post a Comment