July 1, 2013

Swimming Weekend

Oh my goodness.  It has been ridiculously warm around here lately.  I think what makes it so unbearable is that the weather here is usually so cold, that when it heats up, there is a really huge difference in temperatures.  It's supposed to get up in the 90's today...that is hot by anyone's standards.

Hot weather is perfect for the swimming season.  We have been swimming these past two days and are making plans to swim tonight as well.  We have a usual swimming spot on the river and it has been absolutely perfect this past weekend.  The water is cool, but not cold.  There were other people there, but no annoying college kids or other obnoxious swimmers.  We usually swim/wade/jump off the rocks for about an hour or so.  It's super refreshing.  I do love swimming.  It's really the only good way to cool off when the temperature is so high.

I am lucky to have a window AC unit right next to me, so the temperature in the office is bearable.  Anytime I'm away from it though, oh man, it's so warm.  A/C is not exactly a known commodity in the state I live in, since winter lasts about 8 months of the year!  I'm grateful for it lately!

I have been super into watching murder/disappearance mysteries lately.  Not fiction like CSI or Law and Order.  Based on real stories, or actual reports on 48 Hours and Dateline.  I don't know why I'm so fascinated by them.  There was a point in time when I wanted to go into forensic science.  I find it all fascinating.  Bad guys usually get caught, and that's because there's always evidence!  Super interesting.

Well, at least I had something to share today.  I am looking forward to swimming again tonight!  I'm already longing for 5:00!

Bergen Says: Swimming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment