Well, it's Monday again folks.
A Monday after a vacation period is always hard. There is always so much to be done and so much to catch up on. I started my vacation early on Wednesday afternoon and had a glorious 4 day weekend to look forward to. I slept in every day (blissful, I tell you!) and enjoyed some family time and relaxing down time.
As many of you know, it was Independence Day weekend. My husband worked all day, so I spent most of the holiday with my family. We saw The Lone Ranger, which was very good, had a BBQ and then traveled to a neighboring town to watch their firework display. It was a lot of fun.
Friday, Chris and I went grocery shopping and ate out (lunch and dinner, big spenders) and then stayed in. Chris played his computer games and I read some Harry Potter. We are super exciting.
Saturday, I spent the morning vegging and then hung out with Rosie, one half of the couple we tend to do things with. We sat on my couch and talked for hours. It was really nice. I miss having good friends to do that with! Then we made a stop at the local Rue 21 store, had some McDonalds and hit the local Walmart. We bought a few cards games, the game Headbanz and some treats and headed home to entice the boys to play some games with us.
We had a lot of fun and ended up playing games until around 1:00 in the morning! That is the latest I've been up in a long time. Sad, but true. I just need my sleep!!
Anyway, it was a really nice weekend. I had a lot of fun relaxing and vegging. Sometimes you need a little mini staycation like that. But it definitely makes the following Monday seem extra long. I'm almost halfway done though! I can't wait.
I'm ready for next weekend. We have a big camping trip planned! I'm excited, it's officially my first time camping. Bring it on!
Bergen Says: I'm ready for another vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment