November 5, 2013

Thankful #3: Wonderful Husband

Happy, chilly Tuesday, everyone!  It's only 23 degrees and half past eleven.  Darn this stuff!

Today I am thankful for my husband! (I'm thankful for him everyday, but I wanted to post about it today!)

I'm so grateful, happy, relieved, that we found each other and decided to become family.  We met a few years ago through some mutual friends and spent a lot of time together over a few summers.  Truth be told, he and my good friend sort of had a fling going and while I thought he was good looking, I left it at that, because friends don't interfere :)

But then we all moved away to college and one day Chris and I started chatting on Facebook. And those chats turned into a date.  And that date turned into dating (long distance dating, mind you!).  And the dating ended with getting engaged and eventually getting married.  And now we're having a baby!  It's crazy how the time flies.

I'm so thankful for him.  I'm thankful for his strong work ethic.  He works so hard to provide for our growing family.  I'm thankful for his love and support.  He's been a great companion to have through this marriage journey.  I can't wait for the next step: parenthood.  I am excited to share in it with him and watch him grow as a father.  I couldn't have picked a better dad for my kids!  (I guess in a weird way, I did pick him for that...haha)

He has a wonderful sense of humor; he is smart and witty and we are always laughing.  I really love that about us.  Laughter has always been a key part of my life, I'm glad that I got to hold onto that into my marriage.

He's also a huge dork.  I love it!  I never thought I would marry someone who could spend hours upon HOURS researching the perfect television, or computer or set of headphones, but I did.  When he gets interested in something, he jumps in whole heartedly and I enjoy that about him!

Of course, our marriage isn't perfect.  No one's is.  Everyone keeps telling me we're still in our honeymoon years.  Although I've never been particularly sentimental, or felt that we were your typical lovey-dovey couple, we have only been married a little over a year.  We're both really down to earth and that's always a good thing to share in.

I could go on and on and on about all the things I love about him.  He's a wonderful guy and he made a wonderful husband.  I have no doubt that he'll be a great partner through parenthood and he'll make a wonderful father, too.  While we don't see eye to eye on everything, we are on the same page with the things that matter most, and I am so thankful for him.

I love you, Chris! (It's written on the internet, so it's 100% truth!)


Yes, I cropped my huge, pregnant self out of this photo, he doesn't just awkwardly lean like that...isn't he adorable? :)  


What are you thankful for today?
 

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for closeness with parents. I am glad that I can open up and talk to them about anything and everything. Especially lately as I have learned about how important it is to be active in your child's life, I have come to appreciate just how close I am with the parentals. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) We do have pretty awesome parents!

      Delete