November 12, 2013

Thankful #8: Modern Medicine

Today, I'm thankful for modern medicine.  Although I am limited in the medicine I am able to take currently, I am really grateful for it.

I know I was born in the right time because I probably would not have made it had it not been for the leaps in the medical field that have happened over the years.  I probably wouldn't have made it through my own birth!  My mom probably wouldn't have either.

I am thankful for pain killers and cold medicines and IV's.  I've had my fair share of UTI's and kidney infections and I know how terrible they would be if we didn't have the kind of medicine we do today.

I'm having a baby soon!  I'm officially in my 3rd trimester tomorrow.  I am so amazed at what doctors are able to do for newborns.  Baby's can be born so early and survive and grow up healthy and strong---this is an amazing thing.  It wasn't that long ago that if your baby was born early, there wasn't much they could do to help you.  There are so many things they can do now!  This is a great comfort to me.

I'm grateful for what doctor's are able to do for me as an expectant mother.  They can detect things and fix things while baby is still being formed and that is a miraculous thing.  I'm not good with surprises, I like knowing what I'm getting---I definitely feel like being alive and pregnant at this time was for my benefit!

I'm so grateful for the wonderful world of medicine---all that comes with it---and the progress that is continually made in all related fields.  I feel so blessed to be alive during this time when there are very few things that can't be cured or controlled.  It's such a great thing!  It's hard not to see a higher power in all of it!

What are you thankful for?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment