November 13, 2014

November 13th: Simplified

Today, I'm grateful for my slow cooker.  It seems a little ridiculous to be so in love with a kitchen appliance, but if I could only have one to take with me, it would be the one I pick.

They're versatile, low-maintenance and so easy to use.  All things that I am grateful for.  It has served me well.  It feeds my family, as well as my creative side.  You can do almost anything in a slow cooker.

I experiment with recipes and ingredients, and everything it has ever cooked has been pretty delicious.

I have started stockpiling freezer meals for this winter....as it has snowed about an inch since this afternoon, and looks like we will be getting a few more overnight.  I'm less than thrilled.  But at least I know I will be able to feed my family regardless of the weather.

Yay, slow cooker!


No comments:

Post a Comment