Today, I'm grateful for sleep. A rare activity these days, with a sick/teething baby, who hasn't quite figured out what schedule he'd like to be on. The recent change in time hasn't helped either.
I may not sleep very often or for extended periods of time, but when I get to, I am extremely thankful for it.
Miles has had the bad habit of waking up around 2 or 3 in the morning and being awake for a few hours before going back to sleep. This happened today. He does it once or twice a week.
I haven't quite figured out what the trigger is for these days. His bedtime is consistent, his naps aren't overly long the day prior....regardless it's not very fun!
This new habit, on top of being sick for the first time, along with a sore mouth from teething means that neither he or I are getting much sleep these days. That's why I'm so grateful for it when I do get it. We've had lots of cuddle sessions, recliner naps and bedtime snuggles. So, it hasn't all been bad.
Sleeping is one of my favorite things to do. I never thought I'd look forward to it, but these days I do.
Sleeping means: a quiet house, a settled baby, another day successfully ended, a bright, new day ahead. And so, I'm grateful for it.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment