October 10, 2012

Moore to Cook and Facial Hair Woes

Dear Void---


I have spent a majority of my day running around like a crazy person trying to get my name legally changed to reflect my marriage.  Whoever made this process so difficult has obviously never been married/has never changed their name/is a man.  I took the morning off to change my drivers license and register to vote, both which had to be done in my hometown during business hours.  I work full time and my 1-hour lunch break is not enough time to drive 15 minutes there, do what I need to do, grab lunch and drive 15 minutes back. 

I applied for a new social security card to reflect my name a few weeks ago and it finally came, so I decided to change everything else.  (See also: bank accounts, mailing address, work documents, sanity...)

I am now proud to announce that I am legally my new self :)  I am now permanently attached to my husband.  (Because obviously just being married and having a legally binding document wasn't clear enough!)  This will take some getting used to.  I almost signed my 'maiden' (also weird) name on my new social security card out of habit. 

At work, I initial things all the time.  I now have to remember that my initials are not BM, but BC.  BM flows so nicely though.  For 20-some-odd-years I have been BM and now I will be BC.  Legally.  Forever.  Until my husband gets fed up and moves on (ha!)

Speaking of husband---his suggestion for todays blog post was that I write about how much I hate him.  He thought it was funny.  I can see how it could be.  But the joke's on him!

Please brace yourself for my next heart-wrenching statement.  He shaved his facial hair off.  Completely off.  Gone.  All of it.  I wish I could express the sadness this has caused me appropriately.  But there are really no words.  For weeks he has been threatening to....I never expected him to actually go through with it.  I have expressed, in no uncertain terms, my dislike of his naked face.  He looks like a 12 year old.  This makes it very unflattering/unacceptable for me to appear with him in public.  He keeps saying, "It's already growing back!" and "Why do you hate me?"  But he knew I would be upset by it.

I'm trying to decide if I am mad because he shaved his facial hair off and surprised me by coming home with a naked face, or if I am mad because he asked me if he should, I said no and then he did it anyway.  Either way he will have to live with my sad face every time I look at him and my insistance on calling him "Baby Face" until his beard has grown back!

Now that I've changed my name to legally match his, I suppose I'm stuck with Baby Face for better or worse.  Here's to you, my faithful blog stalkers.

Bergen Says:  That's MRS. Cook to you!

2 comments:

  1. But you had already changed your name on Facebook! Isn't that enough?! Love the blog Mrs. Cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shannon! I was so happy to have a comment. You are the first person to ever comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete