October 3, 2012
Television Madness
Dearest Void---
I have now blogged for two consecutive days and I am feeling quite proud of myself. Despite the fact that I had to remind myself to blog throughout the day, I am feeling pretty accomplished. :)
And now the story.....I currently have five televisions in my tiny house. Why do I have five television sets taking up unnecessary space in my tiny house? Excellent question!! I have five televisions in my house because....
1) My husband uses a television screen as his computer monitor
2) The first tv we borrowed from my in-laws would not hook up to DVD/Bluray playing devices and was not remote compatible.
3) The tv we borrowed to replace tv # 2 was freakishly small (husband's words, not mine!)
4) The tv we borrowed to replace tv # 3 was awesome. We loved it. But it was only on loan for the weekend.
5) So we finally went out and bought a "Husband Approved" television. Oh...and we HAD to get the sound system that went with it, because even in our tiny house, movies just aren't movies unless you have movie theater equivalent sound.
May I just point out that I was quite content with the first borrowed set. It played. The sound was good. The picture was good and the screen was decent sized. The only flaws were that it was horribly outdated (not a flat screen, gasp!) and you had to actually get up and change the channel on the tv (insert gasp!). Which, I was fine with.
But I married a technological savvy and hip young man who has a TV must have's list with requirements that must be met before purchasing can be considered. I can't tell you how many times I ended up in the electronics section of a store just so we could look at, what was to me, the same set of televisions over and over and over.
I don't mean to complain...Our new television is wonderful! The remote works, I can watch my movies and we have amazing (sometimes painful) sound quality. Husband is happy too, and that is what counts most!
I hope to be rid of my excess television sets soon. But for now---
Bergen Says: Don't Change That Channel!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment