October 4, 2012

Cold Weather Blues

My Dear Void--

The current temperature here is 47 degrees.  The high is 53 and the low is 23.  I may cry.  I had the heat on in my house, my car and now my office.  It's only October! Why the sudden change in temperature??  I dream of a White Christmas...not Halloween! I hope we're not snow bound yet! 

I am not fit for cold weather.  I love summer and being tan and shorts.  But winter has its perks as well.  I love sweaters and sweat pants and hot beverages and snuggling in front of a fire.  Unfortunately, I don't have a fire place anymore. (Insert sad face here).  BUT---I do have a snuggle-buddy who has enough body heat to bake cookies! (Yay!)

Anway, I just want to give a shout-out to the wonderful family who gifted us a space heater for our wedding.  I was overcome with happiness, because I knew I would use it! Thank you! I love it!  I am usually a cold person (temperature wise, but also personality wise sometimes...) and am fond of blankets, heat, and all other relatable items.

That being said-----I am not ready for summer to be over! I do love Autumn!!  The leaves are dead beautiful and the holiday season is close.  But I do not appreciate the cold/snow that comes with it.  The roads get terrible and my commute lengthens by about 10 minutes.  I feel like I'm complaining...I'm really not.  I love each season as equally as a person can.  But I prefer warm weather to cold---although I'd rather be cold than hot.  :)

Well, work beckons as my lunch break shrinks to a close.  I hope your weather is warmer than mine.  But if not...remember....

Bergen Says: Bring on the heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment