November 21, 2012

Busy Day

I say it, like it's true---but it's not.  The truth is, it's a half day for me and I spent most of it driving around dropping of keys and getting mail.  It has been an easy day.  I will probably pick something delicious up for lunch, go home and watch 7 hours of Gray's Anatomy before Chris gets home and I start panicking over Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow.  This is the first holiday I will have spent away from my family.  I didn't think it would make me so sad, but it has.

I have to take a pie to the community Thanksgiving dinner at some point tonight too.  Other than that, I have nothing to do but sit and worry about tomorrow.  I think I worry too much over silly things.  The food will basically be the same, the holiday will be the same holiday, I'll be with family...but it won't be the same.    I suggested that Chris go to his family Thanksgiving and I go to mine.  Somehow, that didn't fly.  I'm not complaining....not really.  I love Chris' family.  But this Thanksgiving is going to be hard for me.  I hope they'll be nice to me!

Not to mention, I've never been shopping on 'Black Friday' and I'm freaking out about being awake all night....I'm not nice with no sleep.  Also, I have a fear of being trampled in the chaos...it's not really like they show on TV is it???  I don't want someone ripping things out of my hands or old ladies throwing punches.  I feel like I'm being irrational, but there has to be SOME truth to that...right??

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!  I'm not sure if I'll blog tomorrow or not, but if I remember and have access to a computer, I will happily share my experience.

Today, I'm thankful for jeans and sweatshirts.  They are my comfort zone.  Today was a casual day.  I didn't have to dress up or even wear an awful work polo.  And I'm thankful for that.  I love comfy clothes.

Bergen Says: Gear up for turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment