November 20, 2012

Migraine Hangover

Yesterday, I left work early at the onset of a migraine.  They run in my family and all I can say is that they are super awful.  I left around one and slept until five.  Then Chris made dinner and we vegged on the couch watching Lost.  I wasn't into them while they were running on TV so we saw it on Netflix and we are both addicted now.  Good thing we have a four day weekend coming up to get through some! I was still feeling pretty lousy after a few episodes, so I drugged myself up and went to bed.

I have today what I can only describe as a migraine hangover.  Not totally better, but not as bad as yesterday, plus my body has all of the pain killers in it, and it's feeling sluggish and tired.  I probably should have stayed home again today, but I really need the hours.

This brings me to my thankful thought for today:

I am thankful for ibuprofen.  I am thankful for Maxalt.  I am thankful for medicine and its ability to make me feel better.  Anyone who has experienced a migraine knows how killer and debilitating they are.  I know I was born in the right time period, because without modern medicine, I would be one sick person.  I've been sick a lot this year and my episode of pyelonephritis would probably have killed me if it weren't for IV's and antibiotics.  I am thankful for pain killers.  I could single-handedly keep Advil in business.  I am definitely not like my husband, who refused to take medication for any ailment.  It's here for a reason, and I think that reason is me!

Bergen Says: Pop goes the Advil!  

No comments:

Post a Comment