Don't worry. I will not be like all of your Facebook friends and rant and rave about whether I do or do not approve of the outcome of the election. The fact of the matter is, President Obama is still the leader of our nation and there is little we can do to change that. What irritates me the most is how silly people are being concerning this. He is our president, and whether or not you agree with his election, his politics or anything he stands for, you can be displeased and still be respectful.
No, I don't believe that 'We the People' elect the president. The system does. And maybe the system is flawed, but regardless of what the outcome of this election was, half the nation would be unhappy with the results. That's just how it goes.
For those of you claiming you will move to Canada (promises, promises)---grow up! I hear that every election year and not one of you had made good on that declaration.
My office is all a flutter with opinions about what the future of our country will be now that President Obama is in his second term. I listen, but do not interject. No one can predict what the future holds, not even the president. All we can do is take it one day at a time, fight for the things we believe in and go from there.
Of course, if you believe that the end of the world is coming, cheer up! We only have to suffer through 54 more days! Also, if you are a supporter of marijuana, you now have some options as to where you can live so that enjoying it is legal. See---the silver lining. :)
As for my thankful thought for today--I am thankful for my family. We are a crazy bunch, but that's what I love about us. I truly believe that we are placed in certain families for a reason and I know that my family is the perfect fit for me. I love that we all get along great, we have amazing conversations, we laugh and play together and we enjoy spending time together. I appreciate their constant support and care. (And mostly I appreciate that my brothers agreed to wear purple and show up on my wedding day...) I am also thankful for the new additions to my family---my husband and his family. While I'm not as close to that side yet, they are also a great bunch!
As for my co-workers, plans for the benefit dinner/bake sale are well underway and I will post more about that as the information is released.
Today, Bergen Says: O, Canada...
No comments:
Post a Comment