It just seems like we can't catch a break here. Last night my brother received some news that one of his friends had drowned in a fishing accident. This is the same brother that could have been one of the many injured in the company crash this past weekend. I don't know why those around me are burdened with such suffering, but it seems like everyone is at their breaking point.
One of the young men that was injured in the car crash is not doing so well. He is in the ICU and at this point is on life-support. He is non-responsive and upon more testing, they found that he has some fractures in his spine. It is so heart wrenching to hear of his decline, especially after we all thought he was doing so well. His grandparents who are there with him are in shock and when asked how he is, they reply that he is fine. We all know he is not and my heart and sincerest sympathy goes out to them during this awful time.
My company is in the works of hosting a fundraiser for this family. I will post more details as they come, but please spread the word and come donate. It will be a baked goods auction and chili dinner, so if you like baking or eating treats (and I think most everyone fits one of those two categories) then come help out this aching family in our community.
As for the others, they are doing much better. Most of them have been discharged from the hospital and the one who is still a patient is doing much better. It was hard to imagine what else could happen in this difficult time, but it seems as if we have found ourselves surrounded in negativity.
As for being thankful today, I am thankful for the freedom to express my opinion. I am thankful for a voice in this world and my chance to impact the direction our country goes. I am thankful that women have the right to vote and I am happy to exercise that right today. I don't care who you vote for, but I definitely encourage you to exercise your right to vote. If you don't vote, you have no right to criticize the decisions made by other voters. You can impact the outcome, and if you don't feel the need to participate, then you don't have a need to hate the results.
Bergen Says: Hug your loved ones and go vote!
No comments:
Post a Comment