November 12, 2012

Monday Ailments

Oh, Monday.  I have expressed my feelings for you more times than I can recall.  I have lived years of Mondays and you never seem to get any better.

I currently have a cold.  I thank my office environment for bestowing me with it.  I swear I have been sick ever since I got married.  I think I'm allergic.  Not to mention I have this lovely new thing called eczema!  Yeah...that's fun!  Not only am I stuffed up and nursing a sore throat, my legs itch like crazy.  I have tried numerous over the counter products to aid me in this fight, and have finally resorted to an appointment with my local physician to take over.  Eczema sucks.

Thankfully, I have a hot cup of cocoa next to me in my favorite penguin mug.  (Thanks, Chris! I love it!)  There is little that can't be cured by this combination. 

 
 
Isn't it cute?  Doesn't it make you feel better just by looking at it??  I love that they gave it a nose that sticks out.  It may be the reason I love it so much. 

I do see the irony in putting an animal from the Antarctic on a mug.  Mug's are usually used for hot beverages.  I see what they did there.  Its cuteness and my complete love of anything penguin overrules it's lack of logic.  I'm sure I had a witty something to put here, but my cold meds are making my head a little fuzzy... so I digress...

Today, I am thankful for penguin mugs.  I'm thankful for the hot beverages they host and for the joy mine brings to my day.  I appreciate the warmth and deliciousness it hosts.  I wish I could send each and every one of you a penguin mug to brighten your day.  Perhaps I will.  Sending warm wishes of hot cocoa and penguin adorability and hoping you're all in perfect health...

Bergen Says: What sound does a penguin make?

No comments:

Post a Comment