It is snowing again today. I woke up and heard the tell-tale sounds of tires on wet roads and I just knew. As today is Friday, it is supposed to be a wondrous day, full of easy work and relaxation. I fail to see how snow fits into that equation. Snowy Friday's are semi sweet. And much like semi sweet chocolate...not anyone's favorite or first-choice, but they'll take it.
Our local Wal-Mart has a Thanksgiving Tree put up. It's much like a Christmas Giving Tree, with tags of what families need. After a delicious dinner at a pizza buffet, we made our obligatory treck to Wal-Mart. (Those of you who know me or my husband, know that anytime we're in town we go there...most of the time for no purpose or purchasing need...) I saw the giving tree and immediately knew we needed to contribute. Chris was not as open to the idea as I was. I'm not sure what his reasons are but what he said was, "We're poor!" (Which, by the way, we are not...) To which I think I replied with something like, "But they are poorer."
So a few boxes of Thanksgiving dinner necessities and one LONG wait in the check out line later, I had made my contribution. I was feeling pretty good about it. (Does anyone else feel like for all of the check out stands available at Wal-Mart there are NEVER enough cashiers?? The lines there are ridiculous!)
Anyway, today I am thankful for a sense of humor. It gets me through most of my days. I like laughter and sarcasm and I think both of those go hand in hand with a sense of humor. I appreciate finding the humor in situations and I appreciate those who can do so along with me. As my dad says, "Life is too short to be too serious." I agree 100%. I believe you should laugh at yourself and be able to handle others laughing at you. Playing is one of the first things we learn as children, and it should be something that carries over into our adult lives as well.
Bergen Says: Find the humor in your day!
No comments:
Post a Comment