Today, I am thankful for the negative things in life. While this may seem like a silly thing to be thankful for, I can't seem to shake this idea. I just feel like I need to write about it.
I am thankful for all the people who are rude, mean and judgemental. They make me strong, thick-skinned and confident. I now no longer care for anyone's opinion but mine. I 'do me' and don't worry about anyone else. It also has taught me to be more understanding, less quick to judge and sympathetic towards others. I don't want to be 'one of those' people.
I am thankful for stress. It makes me a stronger, better person. It also makes me appreciate the good, care-free times that much more. Stress is my motivation. I love the end result when the stress has faded and you find relief and success.
I am thankful for hard times. They make you appreciate the good times. It's not the bickering, disagreements or misunderstandings that make you who you are, it's what you choose to do about them. Without hard times, we couldn't enjoy the good.
I am thankful for criticism. It causes me to reflect and turn inward. Sometimes, it even motivates me to change instead of turning to anger. Criticism makes praise that much more rewarding.
I am thankful for challenges. They inspire growth and everyone needs to grow. I know that I will not be given anything that I am not capable of doing, and if I ever feel that way, I have a great support system and access to those who are far wiser to help me overcome.
And so, today, I am thankful for the negative things in life. Without them, we could not experience true joy or happiness or relief. While I do not support negativity, we all have our moments, some people live in theirs, while others are fleeting. The blackness of negativity makes the shine of positivity that much more apparent. And for that I'm thankful. When you look for the good, you find it.
Bergen Says: Two negatives equal a positive. You just have to wait for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment