Well, I'm still sick. As a cherry on top of that sundae of fabulous, my voice is completely gone. Part of my job is answering phones from two to five when our receptionist leaves, so you can bet your bottom dollar my job is super awesome today.
In a random turn of events, I ended up staying at the office for lunch (this rarely happens) because I honestly was feeling too 'blah' to do anything. I microwaved a frozen meal, shut my office door and searched interviews with Lady Gaga on the internet. It's fun to see artists give interviews, especially the crazy-fun ones like her. I am a fan of her music and I am a fan of what she promotes. I like being me and I think you should like being you!
The musical number my sister and I performed last night didn't go over quite like I would've liked. We haven't performed in a while and I think that affected the overall feel. Karly was feeling pretty nervous and ended up leaving me alone on the last note due to a lack of air intake. I don't blame her for my feeling negatively about it though. It happens. I was (and still am...) sick---I think that had a lot to do with it. I'm just glad my voice gave out AFTER we were asked to sing.
Although it is hard to think in this cold medicine induced haze...I will use what little functioning brain cells I have left and post my thanks for the day.
I am thankful for my mom. She's a pretty spectacular lady and I owe a lot of who I am and what I do to her. She and I are a lot alike--and I love that. I miss seeing her everyday, but know that she's just down the street if I need to borrow that cup of sugar (or cider vinegar, or corn syrup or beef bouillon....). I think I can honestly say that my mom is one of my best friends. She makes me laugh, she gives good advice and she keeps me well grounded. I love you, mom! Thanks for being awesome!
Bergen Says: My mom is better than yours!
No comments:
Post a Comment