...an official Red-Ryder carbine-action, 200 shot, range model air rifle! I love A Christmas Story. It is my all-time favorite Christmas movie (I can see you classic lovers cringing). I watch it throughout the year and it is everything I remember about Christmas time. Don't get me wrong, I love It's A Wonderful Life, White Christmas, The Santa Clause etc...but I do love A Christmas Story.
There are 11 days until Christmas, and it does not feel like the Christmas season. Our tree is up, there are presents under it.... I went into a wrapping frenzy. I am buying ingredients for Christmas goodies and will probably start in on making them...but it just doesn't feel like the most wonderful time of the year. Maybe it's the lack of snow (which I'm NOT complaining about!!) or that I'm working full time and there's not really any time for it. Or maybe it's the thing I don't want to admit. That I'm getting older, and the magic just isn't there anymore. I really hope that's not it. But it might be.
On a less bleak note, it's Friday! Finally! I swear it takes longer to get here every week. But there's only one week of work left until Christmas Vacation---and oh, how that makes me glad. I'm not sure if I'm ready to face 2013...and after Christmas passes, it'll be New Year's Eve, and then we'll be swooped into the unforgiving arms of new year resolutions, exercise plans and thoughts of "I can do better" that is January 2013.
Unless of course, the pessimists are right and the world ends in a week. Then, we'll all be fine...and I'll have wasted countless amounts of take-home pay on presents that will go unopened. Awesome! At this point, I'm not sure which is the better option...the end of the world, or the beginning of a new year. They both seem like good options to me.
It's grocery shopping night. It's also the night I will try to distract my husband and sneak away to buy Christmas presents for him and try my best to hide them so as not to ruin the surprise. Sounds like fun, right? I can see the jealousy.
Well, this might just be my longest Friday post to date. I usually just rejoice that it's Friday and try to get through the remaining work hours. But sometimes you just have to write.
Bergen Says: You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!
No comments:
Post a Comment