Hello, my name is Bergen...and I am married to a gamer.
This gamer stays up until 4:00 AM playing computer games, and then tells me he has a hard time getting up in the mornings. I did mention his crazy sleep pattern. But no, that couldn't be it.
Friends who have been married longer (she is also married to a gamer) tell me that it doesn't get any better. Joyous.
In being married to a gamer, you also marry the game. It becomes part of your life, your routine...you have to accommodate it, allow it to have time and attention. It sure can be an attention whore.
Yes, I knew before we got married that he liked to play video games. But until you live with someone, you never know HOW much they like to play. Or how much time they spend playing.
If he ever reads this, he'll think I'm complaining. That I'm trying to get his attention--that I'm trying to end this habit. I know that won't happen. These are just my thoughts this morning. It's not an accusation. It's not a plea for change. It's just the way it is.
Reflecting on this has made me aware that I need to adopt a hobby that will be equally as time consuming, so that we both can spend time together, in separate rooms of the house, doing what we want.
Hello, my name is Bergen....and I am married to a gamer.
Bergen Says: Level up
No comments:
Post a Comment