March 7, 2013

Oh, bother!

Before I begin my "look at my awful life" post (sarcasm...) I would just like to give a shout to one of my all time favorite people!  Happy Birthday, Dad!  You're amazing and I am excited to spend the evening celebrating you and your life!  Anyway...

Trouble comes in threes.

1)  Last night we were trying to enable our TV to be compatible with Hulu+ , which we just bought a subscription to, via my husbands Xbox.  Remember the project we recently got around to doing?  The one where we hung a shelf above our TV to hold our speakers and Blu ray player up in our room so they weren't on the floor anymore?  Well, as it turns out, that thing has a weight limit (who would have known?!?) and when you put an Xbox, Blu ray player, 3 speakers and the Xbox cord on it, it doesn't like it...and rips itself from the drywall and spits its contents at the floor.

But it didn't stop there.

We attempted to re-hang the shelf...unsuccessfully.  Mind you, my husband is still taking his pain medication that makes him loopy.....and I am not a fix-it kind of girl.  So he was pretty frustrated and I was trying to be humorous and it just wasn't working out.  We ended up hanging the TV (third times the charm, right?) and moving a free standing shelf into the room for the evening.  So, we go to plug everything in and....bang.  The lights go out.  Power surge. Yay.  I know where the breakers are...in the addition to the house...so I go back to the laundry room and open it up.  There are 3 switches...none of which have flipped.  I try them anyway.   Nothing.

Just so I'm being clear, it's just the lights and outlets in the bedroom and the light in the bathroom that aren't working.  Every other outlet and light is functioning properly in the other rooms.  After a few frustrated words and flipping of switches, we determine that there has to be another breaker box somewhere.  If there is still power to outlets and all the breakers are off, then there has to be another one, right?

So we go on a mad hunt to find it.  I've never seen another one anywhere and neither has Chris. We were just about to give up when I suggested that it might be outside.  I had seen movies where the breakers were outside...so it might be the case.  It was.  We finally fixed the stupid power in the bedroom and plug everything in, but by that time I was too tired to want to watch a movie anyway!

2)   There was a gas leak in the shop, so when I arrived this morning, the fumes were in the office.  I'm not talking serious gas leak, like a pipe or anything.  We have two shops attached the the office and they hold the vehicles over night.  One of the trucks is literally leaking fuel and when it sits over night the fumes permeate the office and make being here oh, so fun!  Don't worry...we open the doors and windows and put fans up to cycle the air through, but it did make my head hurt and I will probably have a headache all day.  Thanks work!  You're awesome.

3) For those of you who don't know...my husband has a kidney thing going on.  I count this as # 3.  You can read more about it in the previous posts.

On a happier note, I made a cake for my dad last night and I'm pretty excited to spend the night with my family celebrating my fabulous father!  I used to make a cake every Sunday for my family.  If I did that now I'd weight 500 pounds since Chris doesn't like cake...and I do.  It turned out really well.  Let's just hope I can get it a few blocks across town to my parents' house without being destroyed.

Bergen Says:  Happy Birthday, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment