April 15, 2013

I [heart] books!

I read all weekend.  Sometimes, I forget how much I love it.  Chris bought me a series of books I was interested in and they sat by my bed for months.  I saw them every day.  I thought about picking them up and reading them, but for some reason I always talked myself out of it.  I started reading them on Friday.  And I made it through four of them.

I am so easily addicted.  For those of you interested, I am reading the books that the HBO series True Blood is based off of.  The Sookie Stackhouse novels.  They are wonderful.  Chris bought me the first ten, and I ordered the next two today, since I'll be ready for them shortly.  The final novel comes out in May.  I will probably pre order it.  I'm crazy like that!

I do love reading.  I love escaping into a world where the problems aren't mine.  Where the endings are usually happy.  I love seeing characters develop, stories unfold and plot twists.  I always love quirky characters.  I would love to write one of these series one day.  One that you can't put down.  I am a huge fan.

I could waste my life away reading.  Not that I really consider it a waste of time.  It's bliss.  I love curling up with a good book.  Propping myself up with pillows, a warm blanket, a few snacks and reading the hours away.  I brought my book with me today.  It's sitting to my right, taunting me.  I am excited for my lunch break, so I can read some more!  :)

If I could create a combination of reading, writing and singing into some kind of career, it would be perfect for me!  I know I keep changing what my dream occupation would be, but if I could be a novelist, that would be perfect.  I could stay home and write and that would be fabulous.

A girl can dream.

Bergen Says:  Read!

No comments:

Post a Comment