It's Friday! I love them, you know it. I know it. The entire blog-sphere knows it. But that's not the only reason today is special.
Today is my older brother's birthday. Happy Birthday, Dustin! You are awesome.
I'm excited to come over, eat pizza and give you your presents! I think you will enjoy them.
If you're not into long rambles about people you don't know...then stop reading now!!
My older brother has always been a huge source of wisdom and hilarity. He knows more about history and music and classic literature than anybody else I know. He always has a witty comment, or great insight. He taught me to appreciate music that I would never have listened to if it weren't for him. (Like this, or this!)
As my older brother, I always knew that I had someone watching out for me. He was a Senior when I was a Freshmen and it was comforting knowing that he was there if I needed him.
He's a great example of faith and endurance. Being the oldest sibling, he always had to pave the way for we younger ones. He was the trial and error, he was the bar setter, and I know that hasn't always been easy for him. He was the first one to leave the nest when he left to serve the people of Chile for 2 years. It was hard to see him leave, but it was for a wonderful cause.
When he returned, we both moved 12 hours away and were roommates for a year of college. It wasn't easy. Our relationship was strained because of it. But I think the fences have mended and the whole experience has left me with a new view on life and our relationship.
We can sit and quote movies verbatim. Ones we haven't seen in months. He has an open mind and the kind of "care free" attitude that I always tried to emulate.
He's my big brother...and I love him! I hope he has the best 25th birthday ever!
Happy Birthday, Dust. You're my favorite big brother.
Bergen Says: Is it just me or does pizza sound super great right now?
No comments:
Post a Comment