May 13, 2013

Mid Morning Monday

Good morning.  It's Monday again.  My very being is exploding with the wondrous 'joy' that only Monday's can bring.

This past weekend was busy!  I predicted it would be so.  Friday was my older brother's birthday.  We celebrated with pizza, presents and ice cream.  He doesn't like cake, so we missed out on that tradition.  The ice cream was delicious though.  I broke out my shorts for the first time this year.  It was wonderful.  I walked back and forth between my parents house and my house 4 times that night.  I built up quite a sweat.  That wasn't so wonderful.  Birthday's at my house were always an affair to remember.  I hope to carry this on when we have children.  Birthdays should always be a big deal.

That night, Porter came to hang out.  He and Chris played some Wii and Xbox games and we ended the night with a fast food run.  I know he wanted to stay longer, but my parents were leaving for Utah in the morning, and I know they wait up for him.

Saturday was a little more laid back.  My parents went to Utah to visit my mom's family, so my youngest brother was home alone.  I slept in a bit and then Porter and I made plans to eat lunch together.  He picked Applebee's.  I don't spend a lot of one on one time with him, so it as nice and fun.  Man that kid can eat.  And drink.  I swear he had 4 root beers while we were waiting on our food!  He's my big, little brother.  He's significantly taller than I am.  I want to say six foot two.  I could be wrong.  He'll be in high school soon.  Chris and I figured out that we will be pushing 5 years of marriage by the time he graduates...that is crazy.  I don't feel old enough for that yet.

Sunday was Mother's Day.  We did our duty and made the rounds.  We visited Chris' mom and grandma and then ended the day with my mom, who had just returned from her trip.  I got her a coral cactus and card.  Plus, we are going to see a play this Friday.  Sunday's are usually laid back for Chris and I, but we were running around all day, so it wasn't quite as restful as I would have liked.  It was super warm yesterday.  It doesn't help that Chris' car has leather seats.  Yuck!  But I am ready for warm weather!  I love shorts.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I hope you all hugged your mom and relaxed a little.

Bergen Says: Love you, Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment