Yesterday was my husbands 25th birthday. The day was crazy, so you'll have to forgive me for once again, not blogging. My mother-in-law and I both chipped in an bought him a grill. He has wanted one forever, and with summer beginning, we thought it was a practical gift.
We had all of our family over yesterday so he could enjoy his new gift. The preparation for last night began earlier in the week. We shopped and planned and marinated and chopped. Mostly, Chris did all of this, but I'll include myself so that I feel less guilty about the fact that I went to bed while he stayed up until 1:00 AM doing all of it!
The BBQ was a huge hit. We had every kind of meat you could barbecue. Burgers, brats, chicken, steak, bacon wrapped steak, skewers with chicken and veggies, grilled pineapple, mushrooms, corn on the cob...and that was all just what was done on the grill. We had a ridiculous amount of food. There were about 12 of us there. It was really good. The weather could've been a little nicer. It got really cold after 7:30, and the ice cream cake we had for dessert did NOT help!
It was delicious. It was fun. It was a good day! I hope Chris had a good birthday. We usually go all out for birthdays and spend a ridiculous amount of money on each other, but it just wasn't feasible this year...so I do feel a little bad that he only got one big thing from me...which was partially from his parents too.
I really get into gift giving...so it's unusual for me to have stopped there.
He had friends come over last night and we watched Source Code and he broke out the grill again to make food for them. It was fun. We have movie plans for tonight. I see a nap in my near future!
It's Friday. I'm so ready for the weekend, mostly so I can sleep!
Bergen Says: Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment