I wrote this post when we found out about our special arrival, I think it's about time to share it!!
May 30th, 2013
First Comes Love....
Then Comes Marriage...
Then Comes A...
That's right. We're having a baby! (Cue the I Love Lucy Episode: Lucy is Enceinte! Where Ricky sings the baby song to Lucy, so cute!)
I woke up that morning feeling pretty lousy, but decided to head to work anyway. After I got to work, I noticed the warnings of a migraine coming on, so I made the necessary arrangements and decided to head back home.
I don't know why, but for some reason I had the thought, "You need to pick up some pregnancy tests." If I'm being 100% honest, I had already taken 2 a few weeks earlier and they had been negative, so I figured I was free and clear. But I just kept having this feeling that I needed to take another one. So I stopped at the local Walmart before heading home. I grabbed a 5 pack of Clear Blue tests, a bag of chips, a SOBE life water and a Twix and headed home.
Just a side note, Chris and I were not trying to have a baby. But we also weren't NOT trying either... so I was pretty flip flopped on the thought of maybe being pregnant.
So, I took the test. I was pretty shocked to see this:
I wanted to take another one, just to be sure, so I chugged a water bottle and waited.
4 pregnancy tests later, I called the Women's Clinic and scheduled an appointment.
I was pretty shocked. When I saw the first "Pregnant" my heart pounded and I thought, "Wait...that can't be right." By the 4th test, I started to get excited.
I didn't cry until the lady who scheduled my appointment said, "Congratulations!" and then I lost it. I guess the reality of it didn't sink in until then.
Later that night, I told Chris. I went and bought a baby doll and a onesie that said, "My Dad Is Super!" I dressed up the doll and made a card. The card started much like this post did. I said Love + Marriage = ?
He figured it out and kept asking "Are you really?" "Seriously?"
I cried again.
We are so excited/nervous/anxious/scared for this new chapter in our lives. It's all pretty new still, so we keep having to say "We're pregnant." I'm pregnant. I'm having a baby. So crazy. I have my first doctors appointment June 12th and I am pretty nervous until then.
We decided not to share our news with anyone except our parents (I'm still on their insurance, so that would have been an awful way to find out if we hadn't told them) until we are into the 2nd trimester and a lot less can happen.
I'm sure I will be updating much more on my journey through baby # 1 :)
Bergen Says: We're having a baby, my baby and me!
P.S. Chris and I are headed on a road trip for my birthday weekend, and I won't be posting for a few days. I have quite a few baby posts written up that I will share next week. Have a great weekend!

Is it terribly redundant to say WAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!?????? Because it is very exciting. And you will be marvelous. And Grandma Stephenie will also be marvelous. What a lucky little baby.
ReplyDeleteNo...not redundant at all! Wahoo is a perfect summation of how we are all feeling about it! Thanks for your support!
Delete