Another blast from the past post that I'm sharing :)
June 13th, 2013
I had my first OB/GYN appointment yesterday (6/12/13). I was a huge ball of nerves, which is bizarre because if you know me, I really don't get nervous. I think it really was the first time I've ever struck out into the complete unknown. Motherhood is foreign to me, as is being pregnant, so I was having a minor panic attack.
We found out that I am 6 weeks pregnant. We all thought I was farther along, so all we could see on the ultrasound was a little blip. Which is what we have lovingly decided to call it. They told us we would get another ultrasound in 4 weeks since there wasn't much to see at this point. It has a heart beat and everything. We are thrilled!
I am really hoping it will be a boy...everyone else is telling me it will be a girl. We will be happy no matter what, but I will be slightly disappointed if it's not a boy!
Right now our baby is about the size of a sweet pea. Crazy to think of it that way, but the fact that last week it was a 'pumpkin seed' is pretty crazy. Grow, baby, grow!
We haven't completely settled on a doctor yet, or decided where we'd like to deliver (it's so early!), but we really did like the doctor we saw yesterday. There are two doctors and two nurses in their delivery practice, I've worked with one of the nurses before, and we are meeting with the other doctor next month, so we will see if it's a good fit.
I am so thankful for insurance. Right now I am fully covered, which is a huge, huge blessing. There's no way we could afford the new car we just bought, everything else we need and a new baby! We are feeling very thankful and appreciative!
I'm not sure I was convinced I really was having a baby until the ultrasound confirmed that little blip was coming! I'm sure that when baby takes an actual baby form in 4 weeks and we get to see it, then I'll be really convinced. For now, I'm excited, but still nervous.
So here's my 6 week update:
-Slight nausea, but no vomiting (woohoo!)
-Extremely sore breasts
-Frequent trips to the bathroom
-Overly tired all day long
-Oh so lovely breakout all over my back and shoulders
-A need to eat every 2-3 hours
-Bloating
So far, so good! My mom was incredibly sick all throughout her pregnancies, so I am really hoping that I have an easier time. So far, so good!
Bergen Says: Hello, Sweet Pea, we are so glad you're coming!
P.S. We are back from my birthday weekend trip. We didn't take a whole lot of pictures while we were there, except for at the zoo, but I'll write up a post about that soon! It may be a Tuesday, but it sure feels like a Monday to me. Boo!
No comments:
Post a Comment