September 18, 2013

20 Weeks!

I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that I'm technically half way done with my pregnancy.  It seems like the time has just flown since that May day we found out!  It won't be long now until we find out if little blip is a boy or a girl and then the fun begins!

I seem to have gained a little more of my energy back.  I no longer feel the need to sleep the day away, but I am still taking advantage of as much sleep as I can.  I still feel the need to eat everything in sight and sometimes more than that.  I am always hungry.

New symptoms for this point in time are:

-Sore hips
-Sore tail bone
-Queasiness in cars
-Sore abdomen

I'm mostly at the uncomfortable part.  My body is expanding and adjusting to this new life growing inside of me and it aches.   I know it's just going to get worse, so I'm trying to be as active as I can right now!

On the more exciting side, I am definitely feeling movement!  I love the little fluttery feeling and it makes me smile every single time I realize what it is!  There's nothing more reassuring about a pregnancy than feeling your baby move!  I can't wait until I feel definite kicks and somersaults. I'm ready for it!

We have our 20ish week ultrasound scheduled in 2 weeks.  I am so excited to see baby again, to make sure he/she is growing right and has all the right body parts.  Then I'm excited to find out if it's a he or a she.  I've said it over and over, but once we know what it is, we can start planning and buying!

I told my mom yesterday, I'm ready to nest.  I'm feeling to drive to prep everything, but until you know gender, it's really difficult to do any of that!  I only have to wait 2 more weeks!!  We are beyond excited for our next appointment, although it's with a doctor we haven't seen before and I have heard a lot of mixed reviews about him.  Guess we'll see!  As long as he doesn't ruin this extra special appointment, I am fine with whatever happens!

There's my half way point update!  I can't believe I'm on the down hill slope!  5 months down, 4 more to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment