September 4, 2013

Birthday Weekend Extravaganza Part 1: The Zoo!

Chris and I have made a tradition of making a trip to Utah for my birthday.  We stay with my grandparents there and make a fun weekend out of it.  This year was no exception.  I was really excited this year because we planned a trip to the Zoo!  We both love the zoo.  Here are some pictures of our adventures there!

I love giraffes!  They're tall just like me!

I really love bears!  We were lucky to get such a good shot of one.

Who doesn't love elephants?

This Silverback Gorilla was intense!  

It kept staring at Chris and made him really uncomfortable.  Such a magnificent animal!

I love little Meerkats!

Grooming!

This Orangutan was hilarious.  It wrapped itself in a blanket and kept flailing its 
arm up trying to adjust it.  That's what it's doing in the picture.

Rhino's are just cool!  This one was the old male.

The only thing I would change about this day was the weather.  It was super hot!  Then randomly there was a rain storm right over the zoo, with blue skies everywhere else.  This didn't help cool it off any though.  The cool thing about this zoo is that they had mist fans everywhere to help you cool off.  Thanks to my pregnant state I was dying of heat and sweating profusely.  We spent a fair amount of time sitting in front of the fans cooling off.

The zoo was smaller than I expected.  We went to the San Diego Zoo on our honeymoon and that zoo is huge!  We spent almost an entire day there, but we only spent a few hours in this zoo.  But it was plenty of time to see all the exhibits and animals.  They had a really cool lego display of some of the endangered animals, I don't think I have pictures of those, but they were really neat too.  So much time and dedication went into them!

They were in the process of adding a Savannah/Safari section right in the middle of the zoo, so a lot of it was closed for renovation, which was a bummer, but we are already planning another trip when that portion is open to see all the lions and other animals that will be featured there.  We will have a  baby to take with us by then.  I have to say the reaction of all the kids when they see animals is pretty adorable!  I can't wait to have that for our kids!

Well, there you have it.  The first portion of my exciting Birthday getaway!

Bergen Says:  That's how we zoo it!

No comments:

Post a Comment