September 3, 2013

16 Weeks

August 21st, 2013

I'm not sure which sounds longer...16 weeks or 4 months.  They're both a pretty good chunk of time.  It's hard to believe that I have already been pregnant for 4 months.  Time is flying.  Pretty soon I will be half way done, which is a slightly terrifying and exciting thought!

I am already showing.  Chris and I didn't tell anyone apart from family until this past Wednesday, but my mom and sister already had some local ladies asking about it.  Nothing stays quiet in a little town for long.  I can't say I'm the biggest fan of that, but what can you do.

Last week we sent announcement cards to grandparents and we wanted to share the news with them before publicly announcing it all on Facebook. After phone calls with them to confirm they received it and talk baby, it was time to share!  Now the whole world knows...it's on the internet...officially!

I am happy to report I am feeling much better than I was before.  I am still extremely tired all the time, but the nausea has calmed down and my hormonal skin has started to calm down as well.  I haven't ever broken out like I did the first few months.  I'm glad that's over with for now.

We heard baby's heart beat at our last doctor's appointment.  I have to say I am a little disappointed with the experience.  Our last doctors appointment was on August 7th, and we weren't sure if anything exciting would happen beyond the usual check up stuff.  Chris has been a trooper and come with me to all of the appointments.  I don't want him to miss anything!

The nurse came in and measured me and tried to find the baby's heartbeat for us, but wasn't able to find anything.  I was only mildly freaked out by this.  Then Chris, being the trooper he is, sat through the oh so fun experience of PAP Smears and Breast Exams...which he said he was glad he never had to do.  Then the doctor tried to find the heartbeat.  It took him a long time to find it too.

 They finally found baby down on the left side, really close to my hip.  Which, I really could have told them where to look, because that's where I feel the most heaviness.  We heard the heartbeat, it was so magical.  That quick little woosh, woosh was so exciting and such a relief to hear.  But the doctor literally found it, asked if we could hear it and then it was over.  We only heard maybe 10 beats.  I was really sad that it didn't last longer.  On all the shows and movies and things that you watch where women hear the heartbeat, it's always a really good long time that they get to listen.  I'm glad we heard it, but like I said, a little disappointed with the experience overall.

We found out that our next ultra sound where we see if baby is developing and what gender it is will be in October.  We are super excited for this.  I feel like that's when I will get my butt in gear with buying for baby.  It's hard to do it when you don't know gender! I am still pretty convinced that it's going to be a boy...but everyone else is still rooting for girl.  Who knows!  It can only go one of two ways and either way we will be ecstatic.

Well, there's another update for you.  I'll try to be a little more consistent with my pregnancy week updates!

Bergen Says; Grow baby, grow!


No comments:

Post a Comment