Sadly, today is the last day of September. I cannot believe how quickly this month has passed. Since October starts tomorrow, I can regretfully say that summer is over.
A lot of things happened this past month. I had my one year marriage anniversary, my two year work anniversary and hit the 20 week mark of my pregnancy. This month had only 30 days in it, but for being slightly shorter than other months, it sure was jam packed.
I also had the opportunity of catching up with my dear friend Amanda. She was on the East Coast for 8 months nannying and she finally returned a few weeks ago. Needless to say, it was time for a catch up session. She came over Friday night and we had enchiladas. It was great to catch up! I sure did miss that girl. We have been friends since middle school, and no matter how long we spend apart, we can always get together and enjoy each others company like no time has passed.
Being married doesn't afford me a lot of time to spend with my single friends, but that has never seemed to bother her. I'm really glad to have a friend back in the area. I hope to plan many more get-together's with her! It's safe for me to say she is my best friend!
(Also, she shamefully encouraged me to eat copious amounts of the turtle pie she brought over for dessert. It didn't even last a day! What are friends for...)
It has been ridiculously windy today, we are under a wind advisory, with 40 mph winds clear into the night. Wind is my least favorite type of weather followed very closely by snow and cold. Add them all together and you have me completely miserable. I am so grateful that we don't have trees in our yard, it makes clean up after wind storms a cinch.
I have a full plate tonight, experimenting with cupcakes for our gender reveal party on Wednesday! I cannot wait for it to get here. I am so ready to know if we're having a she or a he! I have a fun post planned for it, so definitely check back for that.
I hope you all have a wonderful week planned and that your Monday hasn't been too awful. It's almost over from a work perspective, can't get much better than that!
Write at you later! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment