January 1, 2014

2014 Is A Go!

I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that another year has come and gone and it is officially the first day of 2014.  2014---it's such a strange year!  We already know that it's going to be a big year for us since baby is due in 5 weeks and with him will come a storm of  change and firsts and new experiences.

It's safe to say that I failed pretty miserably towards the end of last year at keeping my blog up to date.  I did really well up until then last year.  But today is a new day, the start of a new year, and I am really hoping to have better follow through now!  I don't want to set a goal to post everyday, because even without a baby I wasn't very good at that, so I will just say that I hope to be posting more frequently this year...and maybe a little bit more consistently.

Chris and I rang in the New Year with our friends David and Rosie.  We ate way too much food, played a really horrible (but funny) card game and ended 2013 pretty well.  I haven't been feeling too good lately, and being pregnant and all I was worried about making it until midnight.  I didn't.  I fell asleep on their couch a little after eleven and didn't wake up until the fireworks went off.  That's how I knew it was officially the New Year.  I feel a lot like a party pooper, but everyone kept telling me that I had the best excuse for not making it all night.  Pregnancy has been a pretty great excuse for things!

I kissed my lovely husband shortly after midnight (which I'm still counting!) and we packed up the car and headed home.  I'm a pretty big light weight these days.  Sleep has always been important to me, but now it's an absolute necessity.  If I don't get my 8 hours in, I am a pretty big raunch!

That being said, my day officially started about half an hour ago.  My husband was supposed to work this afternoon, but he received a call letting him know that they were closing for the New Year, so we both have the day off.  This rarely happens, so we took advantage and stayed in bed as long as possible!  A luxury we are soon to be without (I hear babies prevent sleeping in...) :)

Our plans for this wonderful first day of the year consist of watching some of the MANY movies we received over the holidays and stuffing our faces with left overs from last night.  I am pretty pumped.  Vegetation days are one of my favorite things, especially when I get to hang out with my husband!  We don't have very many days of 'just us' left.

I haven't really thought much about resolutions for this year, or things that I'd like to change.  I guess I'm waiting for baby to come before making any changes in my life, since that is already a huge adjustment.  I know the New Year has officially started, but I feel like my year won't actually start until baby comes.  He realistically could come at any time now.  We hope he hangs out for a few more weeks, but you never can predict these things.

I feel like 2013 was a hard year.  Many people I've talked to have felt this way, and I'm not sure there is a specific reason for it.  There isn't any one reason I can think of anyway, but I am looking towards this blank New Year with hope and encouragement.

I hope that you all had a wonderful time celebrating the last few hours of 2013, that you ate too much in preparation for your weight loss resolutions (which EVERYONE makes), that you spent it with the people you love and that at least some of you made it until midnight without falling asleep.

May your New Year bring prosperity, love, joy and peace.  May it be full of promise and happiness and may the challenges be minimal.

Happy 2014, everyone!  It's officially here.



No comments:

Post a Comment