I am currently still in my pajamas, with my hair pulled back in a messy ponytail, glasses on and not a smidge of make up. This means it's Saturday.
I know we just had a holiday vacation, but I am so glad it's the weekend. Not that I'm not fully appreciative of my job and the fact that I have steady work, because I am. But weekends are great things. I love the promise of nothingness. I get to decide what goes on! I get to decide whether to get dressed and look nice and go out into the world, or veg at home doing nothing! It's a wonderful thing.
Unfortunately, today, I do it alone because my husband works all day. He works every other Saturday and I get pretty bummed when I realize that the Saturday that's coming up (or currently in progress) is the one where he works all day. I feel like he works more Saturday's than he has off. But, work is a good thing. I'm thankful he has steady work, too. Even if it means spending whole days bumming around the house by myself.
Not that I'll be by myself for much longer! :) Soon, I'll have an adorable baby boy to keep me company....and busy! I can't wait. I am to the point where I am more anxious than ever to meet him and be his mom! It's a role I knew I would have since I was a little girl.
He won't care if I make every day a frump day.
Frump day doesn't just mean I sit around all day. I have some pretty big plans...
Cleaning out the fridge, doing the dishes, making the bed, a few loads of laundry...heck, I might even dust and mop today. Also on the agenda, officially taking down the Christmas tree.
No, I'm not one of those people who leaves their decorations up all year. The tree has been free from ornaments and lights since the day after Christmas, as has our house. But I just haven't gotten around to taking down the actual tree. It looks kind of funny just sitting in the corner, bare and green. I may put it and myself out of our misery today and take it down....maybe.
Anyway, those are my plans for this glorious start to the weekend. I hope yours are just as thrilling! And if they aren't...they ought to be!
Here's to many, many more such Saturdays in the upcoming year!
No comments:
Post a Comment