I firmly believe I have the most adorable and smart baby ever to be born! His cute little face makes me the happiest person. I love being a mom! I love being his mom!
I feel so lucky/blessed/fortunate to be able to stay home with him most of the time. I love being able to nurture and care for him. I always wanted to be the one that raised my child, and I am so glad that it has been working out for us to do so.
He has changed so much since the day he came into this world. I can hardly believe it was 16 weeks ago. That seems like such a short time, but it really isn't, especially when every week is so crucial to his development!
"Miles"tones (see what I did there!)
3-13-14 (almost 7 weeks)--Miles laughs out loud for the first time. I mean really laughs. Not little giggles. Not once and then stops. He really laughed. He finds the oddest things funny. But his laughter is infectious. I can't help but smile/laugh when he does.
3-31-14 (9 1/2 weeks)--Miles holds his toy keys for the first time and realizes if he shakes them, it makes a fun noise. He wasn't able to hold onto them really well, but he was starting to make the connection. Sadly, I was not there when this milestone was reached. But his dad was, and I got lots of pictures and videos.
4-25-14--(13 weeks)-- Miles rolls from his tummy to his back unassisted for the first time. If I didn't have video proof, I wouldn't believe it. Of course, he decides to reach this milestone on the day I work and he is with grandma. He has since refused to do it again...but he did it!!
5-1-14 (Almost 14 weeks)--Miles practices his motor skills. He focuses on toys that are held above him and is able to grab hold of them and put them in his mouth. He is getting really good at grabbing onto things. (Mom's hair, shirt collars, his own clothes, rattles, pacifiers, grandpa's beard) Anything he can put in his mouth he does.
5-5-14--(14 1/2 weeks) --Miles sleeps through the night for the first time! This has been one of my favorite milestones so far! He slept continuously from 11:30 PM to 8:00 AM. It's the most sleep we have had since he joined our family. After the initial panic was assuaged, both Chris and I were so excited! He has had a few rough nights since then, be he continues to sleep for at least 6 hours straight each night. We LOVE it!!
So far, he is amazing all of us with how smart he is. Obviously, we would think he was smart even if he wasn't, but he just is! He is so alert and conscious of everything going on around him. He turns his head to hear noises, follows people when they walk by him and responds really well to facial expressions, his name being called and his parents voices.
He doesn't enjoy tummy time for very long, but he holds his head up really well (he has been able to since birth!) and is getting really close to being able to roll over from his back to his front, he just has to have the motivation! He has recently been really interested in the TV whenever we have a show playing. If he's on the floor facing away from it, he is straining his head to see it. We think he likes the sound, movement and color.
He is just the most amazing baby. He is so well behaved and loves everyone in his family. Like every baby, he has his bad days/nights, but on the whole, he is so good. He is smiley and happy and so fun to be around.
He likes to play Patty Cake and Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes---and really likes when mom sings to him.
He is getting so big. I really think he is taller and older looking than many other babies his age. Compared to the two other babies we know, who are older than him, Miles is much bigger. I can't believe it.
A few other tidbits:
He eats about every 2 hours 4-6 oz depending on his mood.
He takes about 4 naps a day, and has been sleeping through the night.
He is wearing size 3-6 clothes, and even some 6-9. His big feet and long body make it hard to dress him in anything smaller.
He enjoys bath time, and likes to kick his feet to splash the water.
He likes to sit on mom or dad's lap and watch what's going on around him.
He can stand himself up if someone keeps him from tipping over. He is so strong!
He falls asleep better in mom's arms than anyone else's.
He has been SUPER drooly lately. His clothes are usually soaked in about 15 minutes anymore. He slobbers all over anyone holding him and likes to suck on his hands.
He has gagged himself on his fingers quite a bit lately. He always looks really confused afterwards, but since he's shoving his fingers in his mouth, it's pretty hard to prevent. We think it's funny, he'll learn!
I can't believe it has been 4 months. I can't wrap my head around it. But he is. And he'll only get older from here. We are absolutely smitten with this cutie. We love him to death and are so happy to have him as a part of our lives.
16 weeks old and as cute as can be!

Ok, I am turning into one of "those" readers, the ones who comment on every post. But I wanted to tell you how much I love seeing you turn into this fabulous, kind of mushy mama! It makes my heart smile!!
ReplyDeleteComment away! I love reading comments. Thanks for your kind words!
ReplyDelete