June 27, 2014

22 Weeks/Chris' Birthday!/Health Woes

Miles is 22 weeks old today.  I am amazed at how much he has grown in the past 5 months.  I got really nostalgic looking through all of the pictures we've taken of him since we brought him home.  He was so little.  He's not so little anymore.

He is getting so big!  I don't just mean in size.  He is growing up.  He is eating solid foods, practically sitting up, and when he's on his tummy, he acts like he's going to crawl.  I always say, "I'm not ready!"  But the truth is...I'm not okay with him growing up so fast.  I'll be ready when he is ready.  But I'm not okay with it.

Our house isn't ready for a mobile baby yet.  We have some serious baby-proofing to do.  But I think we have a few more weeks.  He has to sit up first!!

My mom watches him on Friday's so I can come into work, and she recently bought him a Jumperoo.  He LOVES it.  I wish I could figure out how to get videos up on here, because we have a few adorable ones.  But I think I have a picture of him in it, and his face says it all.

How did I ever manage to get such an adorable baby??  We love him.

This is sort of a double post!  Last Friday was my husband's birthday.  We celebrated with a BBQ.  This year he wanted a new TV for his birthday, so we all chipped in to help him get the one he wanted.  I have some pictures I'll post of all this junk.  :)

It was just a small celebration in our front yard.  (Our backyard has no grass yet...)  We had family come--his parents, my parents and his grandparents.  It was short and sweet, but still fun.  Nothing beats a summer barbecue.  The food is just so yummy.

On a less fun note, I am still going into the doctor for complications that arose due to my pregnancy.  My blood pressure is still an issue and while I have had quite enough of doctors and visits and tests, the doctor seems to think I need more!  I was so hoping to be done with all of this by now.  I just want to be normal like everyone else after their pregnancies and stay home and take care of my baby.

I think I would have taken a difficult pregnancy over my easy one if it meant that I was fine afterwards.  At least my woes would be over by now!

I have been working out consistently for the past 2 weeks.  I have noticed a difference in how I feel and am starting to see it in how I look.  My goal is to lose 20 pounds by my birthday at the end of August.  We have a trip to Texas planned then, so I am hoping to stick to my guns.

Well, there's an update for you!  Hope you haven't missed me too much these past few weeks.  I have thought a lot about blogging lately, but just haven't had the time.  Have a wonderful weekend!

<3

Prepping the cake! (Yes, I made it...I'm proud)

Lighting the candles!

Chris watching his birthday present. 3D!  He's so spoiled!

Miles' Jumperoo Face.  He LOVES it!

My two favorite people.  I love this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment