November 11, 2014

November 11th: Overwhelmed

I don't normally follow the crowd, but today's thankful post will be on par with everyone else's today.

It's Veteran's Day.

I'm thankful for those who fight for my right to freedom.  I'm thankful for those who have fought, those who support those fighting, those who are still fighting.  I am indebted to them.

I am so overwhelmed with gratitude for those willing to protect my rights, and my country.  I am thankful for the family and friends of those who serve.  It's not easy.  But I am thankful.

I love America.  I love the freedoms I enjoy by living in this great country.  Regardless of how you feel about our current leaders, the current political issues, or the other issues that come with having a free nation, you should always be grateful for the opportunities that we are afforded just by being citizens of this country.

When I think of what I would give up by living somewhere else, I am overwhelmed with how lucky I am.  People scramble to get here, to live how we live and gain the opportunities we have.

I am sad to say that I don't give it a whole lot of thought; I take it for granted.  I need to be better about it.

On days like this, I reflect, and am grateful.

  The above image falls under the creative commons license for non-commercial use.  It can be found here!

No comments:

Post a Comment