I am grateful for immunizations.
I'm not here to tell you to get them, or not to get them, or what they may or may not be the cause of. I'm here to tell you that I, personally, am thankful for them.
We have chosen to give Miles immunizations. I myself just got a flu shot.
I'm grateful for them. They give me peace of mind.
The benefits of preventing the multiple issues that can infect my baby, far outweigh any of the 'consequences'. Again, just my opinion.
I am so thankful for the modern and not-so-modern technology that has made these immunizations a possibility. I am thankful for the insurance that makes it possible to get them. I am thankful for modern medicine. I find it fascinating.
I really believe that this was the time I was supposed to be alive. I partake of the fruits of the medicinal world freely, as needed. And for that I'm grateful.
Miles had his 9 month wellness check up today. With it came the 2nd dose of his flu shot. He did great! A little cry, then the nurse gave him a sucker, and he was all better! (It's amazing what a little bribery can accomplish!)
He's currently asleep. He's been my cuddle buddy today. He's content, and I have peace of mind that he won't be contracting anything serious anytime soon!
![]() |
| This isn't from today...but it gives you a good idea of what 'fun' giving him a sucker is... |
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment