Okay...I have a confession to make. Some of you will laugh. Some of you will be horrified. Some of you will judge. And I recommend that you do all three, but keep it to yourself!
We put up our Christmas tree last night.
There you go. That's all I will say on the subject, other than, it's beautiful :)
With that in mind, I am also really excited for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday! I love eating and this year we are joining Chris' side of the family, so that will be a new experience for me. I am a little sad at the thought of not spending it with my family. I like our food, our house and our traditions. But marriage is a merge of traditions and the finding of new ones, and this is our first holiday season together, so that's what we will do.
Speaking of new traditions, I am going to experience Black Friday shopping for the first time! (GASP! Twenty-something years with NO after-Thanksgiving shopping???!!) I am slightly terrified and excited to go! Chris and his mom go every year and I am excited to join them! I am one of those people that has watched too many episodes of Law and Order and CSI and feel like I will get trampled in the chaos, but it will definitely be an experience. And I'm sure it'll make its debut in this blog!
Today, I am thankful for sleep. I never seem to get enough, even though it's something my body frequently begs me to do. Sleep is how our bodies rejuvenate, how we gear up to face another day. I love sleep. I get excited to go to bed (I know, that's weird) and crawling into bed is one of my favorite parts of the day. I love the weekend because I get to catch up on the sleep I consistently miss out on during the week. I am a grumpy person without sleep. I get irritable and snappy when I am up later than I want to be. (I guess I'd better plan on getting a LOT of sleep before Black Friday shopping...) Anyway, I am thankful for sleep. I wish I was home right now, sleeping!
Bergen Says: ZZZzzzzzzz
No comments:
Post a Comment