As this week sloooooowwwlllyy comes to a close, I am grateful for the upcoming weekend. I am also thankful for the Thanksgiving holiday that I am suddenly very aware of being less than a week away. That's crazy. Where did my November go? Didn't we JUST celebrate Halloween? Soon it will be Christmas...and I am ecstatic!
It's shopping weekend. Which also translates into 'date night' weekend. I am excited about it. It's a little ridiculous how much I like grocery shopping with Chris. I think it's that I know we will be together for a majority of the evening and I like that! Also, we have no food in the house....so I will definitely be happy to restock.
As a random tangent, my left turn indicator does not work. Okay, maybe I should rephrase. The light comes on...it just doesn't blink. You never realize how many times you turn left until you have to manually operate your turn indicator. I get quite a workout when I drive. My dad is going to come over and take a look at it this weekend and see if I can give my arm a break.
That brings me to my thankful thought for the day. I am thankful for my dad. He is amazing and full of wisdom and pretty much my favorite male besides my husband. He never puts himself first, rarely thinks of himself and is always willing to help. We had a slight medical scare earlier this year and that was a very scary time for us. He has always been this solid foundation in my life, a strong example of right and wrong and to my eyes, invincible. During the medical scare, I saw a new side to my dad. He was tired, stressed, and the medication he was on made him unable to do the things he loved like he used to. It was sad to see him that way. Thankfully, he is back to his good old self again. I love my dad! I love the talks we have, the help and strength he gives me and his humorous outlook on life. He knows how to work and taught me to do so; but he also knows how to play and incorporated that into our lives as well. My dad is my hero and I am thankful for him and the influence he has in my life.
Bergen Says: Hug your dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment