January 15, 2013

A Little Self Degradation

I am really mucking up this blog every weekday thing.  I apologize.  I need to get back in the habit again.  I was doing so well for that little bit!  Baby steps!

A quick update.  Chris and I have officially started our eat healthy and be more active goals.  So far, so good.  I already miss cheeseburgers and french fries more than I can say.  But we have a fridge stocked with healthy foods and I have made myself stick to serving sizes and made myself aware of my carb and fat intake.  I already feel a little different.  Maybe it's that I haven't had a pop in two days...I'm pretty sure that is the hardest part. 

Every morning I make myself a breakfast shake.  Here is today's:



It is a lovely combination of blueberries, blackberries, banana, flax seed, yogurt, milk, a little protein powder and kale.  It's delightful!

I brought a spinach wrap for lunch today.  I am pretty excited about it, and I have planned a protein rich dinner.  I also intend on working out tonight.  I haven't done so hot in that department.  But I do not want to work out with Chris there.  No thanks.  Good thing he works the next few days!   I also don't have very many work out videos.  I may do a little Gilad tonight.  YouTube is awesome though, you can pretty much find anything on there, including workout videos.  

I have a few healthy snacks here for those in between meal cravings.  I don't believe in denying my body food if it's hungry.  I hope it will get used to a schedule, but for now I eat when I'm hungry.  It's not so much about how much you eat, but what you're eating.  I have nuts and fruit here to help me out.  

Well, wish me luck on my get back to a healthy weight goal.  I'm going to need all the luck I can get!

Bergen Says: Does anyone else hate how peppy the people who do workout videos are?  I sometimes turn the sound off because they annoy me so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment