February 14, 2013

Be My Valentine?

Happy Valentine's Day!

May you have your fill of flowers, chocolate and love.

In the past, my friends and I made anti-valentine's day shirts.  Usually because we were single and bored.  We would get together and write our anti-love quotes filling the spaces in with broken hearts and wear them to school.

Some memorable quotes include:

Just another day to be rejected by society.
Men should be like tissues---soft, strong and disposable.
Happy S.A.D.  (Singles awareness day!)
I Love You has just as many letters as Bull Sh*t

I used to keep the t-shirts...but I don't have them anymore.  It's too bad really.  They would have made a great quilt.

Now my friends are far away, I have to dress appropriately for work, and most of us are married.

Oh, how times change.

It's still not my favorite holiday.  In fact, I think it's kind of a silly holiday.  So many expectations and huge amounts of money spent when really it's supposed to be about love, right?

Since when does a ginormous bouquet of flowers symbolize love?  It all smells of commercialism.  But regardless, I have a fun night planned with my husband and some of his friends and it will be fun.  I will eat my chocolate.  I will accept the flowers (if they come!) and I will give into the commercialism.

And I will wish you a very happy Valentine's Day!

Bergen Says:  All you need is love!  (Note that there is no mention of chocolate, flowers or cupid...)

No comments:

Post a Comment