February 13, 2013

Cheeseburgers

I really, really like them.

More than I should.  I don't know why every time I resolve to make changes to my lifestyle the image of a juicy cheeseburger is permanently etched into my brain.  But it is.

I'm trying really hard to fight the urge to indulge.  But I do have to go out and about for lunch...and if while I'm out and about I end up in a drive through....well.  It's fate I guess.

And an extra 20 minutes on the treadmill.

I'm sure I'll try to justify it as...hey...tomorrow's Valentine's Day and I'm married so who do I have to impress??  Eat the cheeseburger.  Enjoy it.  You deserve it.

And darn it all if I'm not really good at believing the things I tell myself.  If only I weren't so persuasive....and amazing...and most of all...extremely humble.

To put all of this into perspective for you, I have 2 hours until my lunch break, and all I can think of is a delicious cheeseburger.  Yeah...I'm not going to be very productive until then.

I think between cheeseburgers and chicken I have absolutely not chance of being a vegetarian.  They are my vices.  My craving.  I don't crave sweets....ice cream, chocolate etc.  I crave carbs.  I crave cheeseburgers.  Meat.

They have those nifty little charts that tell you what your body is really needing when you crave certain things...but meat is not an option as a craving...it's a solution to craving other things.  So in a round about way, my body craves meat because it needs it.  And I'm fine with this.

In a strange and completely impossible way, I am going to blame my affinity for cheeseburgers on the fact that when I was in elementary school I had friends who called me Cheese-Bergen.  (We are ever so clever at this age...) and yes, now my identity is forever tied to cheeseburgers.  And when I am 500 pounds and eating cheeseburgers for every meal, I will inevitably blame every single classmate of mine in bringing me to this demise.

Strangely, the more I write about the cheeseburger, the more I want one.  So I will end here and face the next two hours of craving while half heatedly trying to talk myself out of getting one.  Regardless of what happens, I will win.  That's one of the great benefits of arguing with yourself.

CheeseBergen Says:  !!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment