April 1, 2013

Happy April!

Happy first day of April, my avid blog readers!

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend, enjoyed some Easter celebrations and are ready to tackle this new week and new month.

My weekend was wonderful.  We had the best weather we've had in the area for 6 months.  It was warm out, the sun was shining, there was a gentle breeze and it was lovely!

I spent Saturday at my parents house making some goodies for Easter dinner.  I made a delicious pound cake, some loaves of bread and aided in the making of a potato salad.  I spent most of the afternoon with my sister in the kitchen, which is a rare, but fun experience.

Sunday we spent primarily at my parents house as well.  Chris and I did our Easter stuff earlier that morning and then headed a couple blocks down to have Easter dinner.  \

These affairs are very casual with my family.  We had Hot Old Styles sandwiches, which are extremely delicious (French bread basted with garlic,  pepperoni, Canadian bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato and ranch!) Coupled with Karly's Potato Salad, deviled eggs and a relish tray it was superb!

We had strawberry short cake for dessert.  Since the weather was so nice, we set up the badminton set and had a VERY long game of badminton.  It was a lot of fun.  My mom took a bunch of pictures of it, but hasn't uploaded them yet.  I know I promised pictures, they might just come later in the week.

The only downside of the weekend was a headache that I couldn't shake.  It started Saturday morning and hasn't quite gone away yet.  I seem to always have headaches on holidays, I am annoyed by this, but did not let it ruin the festivities.

Chris got me a giant chocolate bunny, Parental Guidance (hilarious movie, I highly recommend it!) and some pre-filled Wonka eggs.  I brought some of my spoils with me to snack on today.

All in all it was a wonderful weekend.  I can't wait to see what April has in store for me and my family.

Bergen Says: I must be out of shape because my arm and legs are KILLING me.  Must be my unused badminton muscles on strike!

No comments:

Post a Comment