April 17, 2013

Wednesday!

Wed-Nes-Day.

British people have a way of including the 'nes' in Wednesday, so that it actually sounds like it's spelled.  As I've said before, I do love accents.  We American's say Wenzday.  How boring.

I have exactly an hour left in my work day.  The phone is slow and I have nothing to do.  But I have to be here until 5:00.  (Unlike everyone else...I might add...with only the tiniest hint of bitterness!!)  I think it is always worse as the weather warms up.  Not that today has been particularly warm.  It snowed yesterday.  My heart hurts when it snows.  (In the tragic, depressed sort of way...not like old people and their bones when the weather changes...)

I attempted a half-hearted stint on my exercise bike last night.  I had a headache but was determined to at least try.  It wasn't intense.  I broke a sweat, but I don't think it was because I was working it!  But I did manage a whole 30 minutes before practically falling off, dragging myself to the shower and tumbling into bed.  (That was a very acrobatic sentence...)

I am more determined today.  I have been eating better.  Fewer snacks, smaller meals, healthier choices.  I still have my diet Pepsi a day.  I don't think that habit will be going away anytime soon.  But I only have one. Which is much better than it used to be.

I bought a new swim suit.  It has been my motivation.  It fits...but tighter and more unflattering than I'd like.  So I'm going to fix that.  And come summer...I will be more fit and more comfortable with my body.  Like it was before!

So, take that!

Bergen Says:  Wed-NES-day.





No comments:

Post a Comment