Friday night we enjoyed Anne of Green Gables with our mothers. It was so fun. I had to go home and watch the movie because I love it so much and you can't fit everything in a 2 hour play. Chris and our Mom's enjoyed it too, which is always good.
Saturday was spent in Idaho Falls, grocery shopping and browsing stores. Somehow or another, we ended up at a pet store. Chris has wanted a pet rat forever, and I guess the timing was right. We ended up getting 2 rats. They're both female and we named them Penny and Juno. Here are some pictures for you.
![]() |
| This is Juno. |
![]() |
| This is Penny. |
![]() |
| The huge cage they call home. |
![]() |
Penny and Juno hiding in one of their homes.
We think it's adorable when they peek out together,
like a two headed ball of cuteness.
|
They are a little hard to tell apart, since they look almost identical, but it's just like with anything else, you can tell them apart if you know how to. Juno has an almost solid stripe going across her back, with a bigger splotch of brown near her tail, Penny has a slanted stripe down her back. They are cute. They are still getting use to the new environment and Chris and I. We hope to have them comfortable within a week or two so they can come out of the cage without freaking out. Right now they are pretty skittish.
Chris really wanted to deck out their cage. They have two hammocks, two shelters, a braided rope to climb on, a running wheel, two ramps and 3 platforms. Their house is more exciting than ours! We got them plenty of wood blocks to chew on, yogurt drops for treats and plenty of food. Chris has been super excited about them. He even shopped on Amazon for them. Such a dork!
Since they are nocturnal, it has been SOOO much fun at night, hearing them scamper around their cage. Their favorite thing to do is climb the cage to get to the different levels...they aren't quite use to the ramps yet. Since their cage is metal, it makes quite a racket. Their water bottle is super loud too. I'm sure we'll get use to it, but I am tired today! They said that they can adjust to our schedule with time. I hope that they do.
Sunday was spent fixing Chris' car (hooray for car trouble yet again!) and running a few more errands in town. I even made a delicious, home cooked meal for us. Bowtie Festival. It was super delicious. I think I will be making it again. Tonight we are having chicken salad sandwiches. It will be awesome.
It really was a full weekend. New additions to our family, adjusting to all that comes with it, running around like a crazy person and very little sleep.
Bergen Says: We picked Penny and Juno after a looooong discussion of names. We wanted to name them things that would go with each other, but all of the duos we thought of (Atticus & Boo Radley, Buzz & Woody etc..) were for males. So we picked Penny because we both love Big Bang Theory and Juno because that was the movie we were watching in the car when we brought them home.




No comments:
Post a Comment