May 15, 2013

What's up, Wednesday?

Happy Wednesday, blog-sphere   I think I begin every post the same.  I'm not terribly creative where greetings are concerned. You like me for more than my opening line, right?!

Anyway, it's the magical, middle of the week day.  That means Friday is soon.  I have some fun things planned for this weekend, so I am even more anxious than usual for the end of the week to get here!  It's also pay day, Friday!  My bank account is getting pathetically low, so pay day can't get here soon enough.

Last night was very uneventful.  I drove home and cleaned a little, and folded laundry, and made dinner and watched Julie and Julia.  I guess the one thing that I did that I hardly ever do, is I went through some of the cookbooks I got as wedding gifts and flagged recipes that sounded good.  It may or may not have had everything to do with the movie I was watching.  I do love it.  I love Meryl Streep.  So awesome.

I also made a grocery list of ingredients.  I need to start cooking and eating at home more.  Fast Food=Fat.  I'm not okay with that.  Plus, there's something that home cooked meals offer that no restaurant could ever match.  It's just hard to find recipes that are enough for two people without making tons of left overs.  Neither Chris or I are big on left overs, so it makes it hard to cook real meals.  I'm open to suggestions if you have any!

I come from a large family so all the recipes I inherited from my mom can feed a family of 7 easily, with plenty left for 2nds!  No thanks!  We'd be eating leftovers for a week.  Yuck.

Well, it's back to the grindstone!  See you tomorrow!

Bergen Says: Can you eat left overs?  It really depends on what it is for me.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could make the extra into freezer meals? Or is that just leftovers delayed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought of that. But we tend to ignore what's in our freezer until it's no longer recognizable.

      Delete