June 17, 2013

Alarm Clocks and Applesauce

Well, it's that fabulous beginning of the week day again!  I'm over joyed.

This past weekend was pretty intense!  Friday night was 'date night', which means we ate out and grocery shopped.  Chris worked until around 6:30, so we didn't actually get to the neighboring city we shop in until around 8:00.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a huge light weight.  I like my sleep and the later it gets the more grumpy I am.  I was worried about how late it would be before everything was shopped for and we were headed home!

We ate at Johnny Carino's, which we haven't done since I was in college and we were dating!  It was delicious.  They had a wonderful special going on, so we got 2 meals and dessert for around $25.00.  I love it.  The mini dessert was delicious.

Afterwards, we grocery shopped.  We didn't end up getting home until around 12:00!  I was so tired.  But everything was shopped for.  It was our first official trip in our new car! Yay.  I am still working on those pictures...I haven't forgotten!!

Saturday, Chris had massages all day!  He didn't get home until later that night either.  I slept in.  It was blissful!  It was a SUPER nice day outside.  Mid 80's!  I got up and scheduled a hair cut.  I have short hair once again.  It was just time.  I may or may not post pictures of that sometime!  I even had my first snow cone of summer.  It was delicious.  We had a laid back night at home, it was lovely.

Sunday was Father's day.  I made some delicious rolls and we headed to my parent's house to enjoy a dinner celebrating my dad.  He really is the best dad in the whole world.  I think I already posted things about him for his birthday, which wasn't too long ago, but you can never praise your parents too much.

He's my example, my role model and just an all around great guy.  I have so many words for him, but none that seem to do him complete justice.  If you know my dad, you know what I mean.  He's just great.

We had a delicious dinner of ribs, rolls, steamed veggies, calico beans, snickers salad and peanut buster parfait for dessert.  It was delicious!  We hung out and played a few board games, Chris played some bad minton outside with my brother and I chatted with my parents.

We have some pretty big plans coming up for Chris' birthday, so we schemed while he was out of ear shot.  I am really excited for it.

Well, this turned into a really long post.  Sorry!  (Maybe it makes up for my lack of posting last week??)

Bergen Says:  I was going to tie the title of this post into the actual post, but ranted about the weekend instead.  Suffice it to say, that's how my morning started!

No comments:

Post a Comment