I'm officially 8 weeks pregnant today (6/26/13). 2 whole months. Baby is the size of a raspberry! It's a little crazy to think about. Most of what I have read says that your symptoms will increase between 6-8 weeks, but mine seem to have gone the other way.
Here are my symptoms for week 8:
-Slight nausea
-Horrible zit break outs all over
-Exhaustion
-A need to eat every few hours
-Hot flashes
Making a human being is really tiring. I could sleep for most of the day and night and would probably still be tired. I feel like the laziest person alive. I swear, whenever Chris is home I'm sleeping.
I know, I'm lucky. No morning sickness yet. I hope it stays that way. Women everywhere are hating me for not hovering over a toilet all day. But honestly, I would rather throw up then feel nauseated all day. I know...since I don't have morning sickness, how can I possibly know that. Feeling nauseated sucks. I'd rather throw up and get it over with.
This raised body temperature is what's really getting to me. I am not used to being so warm all the time. Okay...it's not really warm...it's hot. My husband has a high body temperature anyway, and the two of us combined in our little queen bed is ridiculously toasty. We have two fans going at night and sometimes I am still roasting.
For the most part, life continues on like it always has. Sometimes I catch myself with my hands on my stomach dreaming about what will come in 7 months from now. I think about how much our lives will be different and how adorable our new baby will be. I am excited. I think it's finally settling in that I am a mother. Which is a hat I always knew I would wear, but had no idea it would come this quickly.
I'm excited for my baby bump to start showing. To find out if it's a boy or a girl. To start planning little blip's nursery and buy clothes and toys and stock up on diapers. I can't believe it's already 8 weeks. Time is going to fly. It already is.
Bergen Says: 8 weeks down, 32 to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment