Good Morning!
I have been busy with quite a few baby things that I have wanted to post, but because I've been so busy, I just haven't gotten around to it. But here we go!
I will be 37 weeks pregnant tomorrow. Baby could literally come any day.
Chris and I started a series of Birthing Classes. Our first one was last Tuesday. We discussed signs of labor, common labor issues, epidurals and vaginal birth. There were quite a few couples there and while it was good information, I feel like I already knew a lot of what was talked about. The doctor's from the office we go to put it on, so it's nice to see them in a less formal setting. We really like all of the doctors we've seen, so that is super nice because we don't know who will be on call when baby comes.
We have the 2nd session tonight. We'll be discussing C-Sections and everything that goes along with them. We're reviewing the anesthesia team and what they do. While I'm really hoping I don't have a C-Section (knock on wood!) I am curious about their procedure. Luckily, our area has a less than average C-Section rate, so that is always encouraging.
Friday night, I treated my husband to date night. We ate some really good burgers at the only 'really good' burger joint around here that's not fast food and saw the movie Frozen. I really liked it! If you like Disney-esque musicals, go see it! You'll love it! I wouldn't mind seeing it again already. It was super cute. Chris enjoyed it, too. It has some great humor in it.
We had our baby shower on Saturday. My mother-in-law hosted, and we used the restaurant my husband works at as the venue. It turned out really nice and we had quite a few people show up. We received a lot of lovely baby items and I feel really blessed at how generous everybody was. We arrived early to set up and decorate and then played some games and ate some cinnamon rolls and fruit and opened gifts. I think everyone had a lovely time. The decorations were awesome, my M-I-L is super creative like that. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures, but I haven't seen any of them yet. Depending on how gross I look in them, I'll post them when I get them :) I will also do a post with the baby items/inventory we have sometime to show you just how great everyone I know is!!
I have spent a majority of the weekend prepping for baby. We rearranged our bedroom so we could fit the crib and dresser with baby clothes in with us. I arranged all the diapers and wipes and outfits so that I know where each one is and where each size is. I am a huge list maker, so I have an inventory of baby outfits and other supplies just in case I forget what we have.
The crib is full of baby items that still need to be organized, but I am hoping to find a place for every item here in the next week so we are all ready to go when baby boy makes his debut. I am actually starting to feel 'ready' for baby to be here. I am excited. Obviously, the closer to 40 weeks I am, the less issues he will have when he gets here, but if he came today, I'd be fine with it.
I think Chris is starting to get super nervous. He keeps having baby dreams that are scaring him. He says he predicts baby will be here the 24th or 28th of January because those are the dates he keeps having dreams about. He also keeps having a dream that baby is born, but he is 10 months old already and isn't a little baby. I keep telling him that it's impossible, but I know he's worried about it. I know he'll be a great dad, but I understand the nerves. I think what worries him the most is what to do until we get to the hospital. He's worried about what to do until we need to go in, how fast he'll be able to drive without legal trouble and what the weather will be like (because inevitably, baby will come in the middle of the night during a blizzard!) I am glad he's worried about these things, but I keep telling him that everything will be fine!
We really only have a few things left to get in order to be 'really ready' for baby to come, but if he comes early we have everything we need except for a breast pump...that is still something I am researching. I am open to suggestions and opinions!! There are so many options and positive and negative feedback for all of them, so it's been an interesting experience trying to pick one.
I am now going in to the doctor every week. They will start doing the oh so fun 'check your girly parts' at 38 weeks. I think that will be a weird part, since I've never had that done before. I don't feel like my body is quite there yet, but I do have 3 weeks left...possibly more if baby decides to stay longer! I hope not! I want to hold my cute baby and count fingers and toes and be a mom!
We're almost there. Looking back at my posts from when I first found out I was pregnant, and was going in to the doctors every 4 weeks, I am amazed at how quickly all this time has passed. 40 weeks sure didn't feel like it!
I'm trying not to focus so much on baby and prepping for his arrival that I forget the other 'boy' in my life. I know that baby's can steal the spotlight and since we only have a few weeks left of just my husband and I, I am trying to not make everything we do an activity having to do with baby. We still peruse the baby section in most stores when we go out, and discuss what we still need when we're online browsing, but I am trying to remember my husband and that he's going through a big change right now. Pregnancy is mostly focused on the women, and for good reason, but I don't want my husband to feel like what he's feeling and thinking and wanting isn't as important as what I'm going through.
We're in this together, and although he was one of two boys at the shower, I am glad he was there, because it's OUR baby and I'm glad he was there to celebrate that with me.
Well, that's a very long explanation of what we've been up to lately, with no pictures or entertaining bits to keep you reading this far. If you have, you are amazing!
See you next time!
The best advice I can give you on a breast pump is to wait a little while. Make sure that you can breastfeed and that its something you really want to commit to doing. Try out the handheld one at the hospital and rent one of the electric ones if you can. Most hospitals have a few different brands available to rent so you can possibly try some different ones before you commit. I don't know what Madison offers though. Also find out if your insurance covers a rental or purchase. Its supposed to be one of those new things that is required with obamacare.
ReplyDeleteWhen I had Kensie I bought the fancy $300 Medela pump because I was going back to work and it was kind of a waste of money for me. I had issues breastfeeding and I absolutely HATED pumping so I wish I had just gotten one from the hospital before I committed that kind of money to something I used for a few months.
I think Chris' dreams are pretty funny. I have crazy dreams about giving birth but I don't think Todd ever had any about me going into labor. Just tell him to remember that most first time babies take a while so he should have plenty of time to get to the hospital even in a blizzard. Good luck with everything.